Monday, December 26, 2005

Fine Lines and Wrinkles

Five recent episodes indicating sure signs of aging*:

1. On my way home from work I buy a single tall can of Sapporo and I am carded. The Bodega owner remarks that I "look good for my age."
2. My roommates and I host a party with ample whiskey and wine—Two guests arrive who are intentionally pregnant, they compare bellies next to the do-it-yourself-Manhattans. We offer the mommies-to-be water or tonic. I think about revising future invites to say "Feel free to bring friends and fetuses alike."
3. On a recent Saturday night a mixed gender group of friends gathers in a living room. We settle on watching The Sound of Music on TNT, singing along with zero objections.
4. Several nights later I go over to a friend's house (he shall remain unamed). We buy two bottles of wine and turn to Jeopardy, shouting the answers at eachother. Later, half-way through a rented a movie, my twenty-something friend starts snoring on the couch next to me. It is 9:05 p.m.
5. I arrive home for the holidays to see that the parents have neglected to buy a Christmas tree. In its place is a 3 inch tall bonsai with a paper angel on top.

*It's tough to get the blog muscles back in shape, but I do promise more frequent entries in 06.

1 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

I am so honored to have made the A-list of the signs that you are OLD. Welcome!

8:39 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home

free website hit counter